CONNECT LAPTOP TO WIRELESS INTERNET : CONNECT LAPTOP TO
CONNECT LAPTOP TO WIRELESS INTERNET : LINKSYS DUAL N WIRELESS ROUTER
Connect Laptop To Wireless Internet
- Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance that manufacturers may use to brand certified products that belong to a class of wireless local area network (WLAN) devices based on the IEEE 802.11 standards. 802.11 the most widely used WLAN technology.
- Wireless Internet Protocols are the suite of wireless protocols after Wireless Application Protocol 2.0 (WAP). It includes XHTML Basic, Nokia's XHTML Mobile Profile, and future developments of WAP by the Open Mobile Alliance.
- Provides shared access to the Internet with up to 128 Kbps or greater (depending on service purchased) of throughput via a Wireless Local Area Network connection. It comes with a single Private IP address (DHCP) and provides a single connection to a single computer.
- Join together so as to provide access and communication
- Bring together or into contact so that a real or notional link is established
- be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
- Link to a power or water supply
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
- associate: make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- A microcomputer that is portable and suitable for use while traveling
- A laptop is a personal computer designed for mobile use that is small and light enough for a person to rest on their lap.
- Jesse Hartman is a musician, filmmaker and actor, living in New York's East Village.
- a portable computer small enough to use in your lap
I hate technology ! .....
...... but I do like my new MacBook !!!
My ancient iBook has been struggling along on borrowed time for quite a while getting more and more eccentric in its old age, so DH has bought me a new configured MacBook which arrived yesterday.
Having failed miserably to get it connected to our wireless network all of yesterday evening (admittedly entering the correct internet password might have helped LOL .... another thing I hate .... passwords !) I had to have some calls to Andrew in Australia to help me. I'm now on line but the transfer of data from the old computer via my external hard drive appears to be somewhat incomplete. No photos have been transferred since the middle of Jan and none of my non-Mac applications have arrived either ! You can see all the question marks in the dock. If you run the cursor over them the application name appears but they ain't there !!! *Sigh*
I do wish I knew what I was doing with computers but I don't and I dare not "fiddle" ! I see another long Oz call coming up but not tomorrow as we are off to France for the day !
On the plus side, I love the new laptop ..... it's so fast !
Oh, by the way, when I make contact Down Under again I shall be speaking to two fully fledged Australian Citizens, as they take their oath of allegiance to the Queen tomorrow in their Citizenship Ceremony ! :o))
Two major changes in my parents' house since last time I was here: central heat and air conditioning and wireless internet! (To be fair, I set up the wireless internet; they bought the router months ago and couldn't get it working.)
targus paum30u notebook wireless presenter
designer wireless doorbell
uhf wireless mic
wireless headset for office phones
linksys wireless router xbox 360
bridge two wireless networks
set up wireless ad hoc network
discount wireless service
カテゴリ : Category: None